Turn data into information that makes a difference
Our data analysts discover insights about and for our users. Working across a wide range of disciplines, from marketing to monetization and machine learning, we put this data to work to create better products and experiences.
With Unity’s industry leading game engine, we are crafting a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. This will affect multiple industries like Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of artificial intelligence.
AI@Unity is seeking an experienced Data Architect to own the technical development of our data architecture and internal self-service data capabilities. You will be responsible for working with several internal customer teams to map their needs and working with the Business Intelligence and Engineering teams to design and implement scalable and automated data solutions. You will participate in (and lead!) the driving of various aspects of data definitions, data models, standard methodologies and governance.
What you'll be doing
- Own and be a leader with vision on definitions and architecture for data production that will feed into business units and corporate functions to analyze and operationalize the data
- Lead the design and implementation of data ecosystems, processes an end-to-end architecture that will allow Unity teams to scale their data consumption
- Influence standardization of definitions and standard methodologies and drive implementation to ensure usable and informative data and drive implementation
- Deep data exploration, crafting data architectures and participating in discussions across the teams for data and solutions strategies.
- Build and establish the processes, practices and foundation for business data production and incident management that will support hyper growth of data usage and dependency
What we're looking for
- Sophisticated experience building data solutions including architectures, data models, dashboards and analytics
- Solid experience synthesizing large amounts of data to extract significant insights and then translating those insights into important recommendations for leadership
- Expertise with relevant data tools and technologies: such as SQL, BigQuery, data visualization tools, open source tooling for data discovery like Data Portal, Databook, Amundsen etc
- Consistent track record in setting up and improving data collection and storage strategies
- Ability to lead projects through all phases including identifying user requirements, technical design & implementation, and final delivery and refinement with partners
You might also have
- Experience working through private to public transitions
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Principal Data Architect — Insights position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.