Unity is recruiting an experienced Solutions Engineering Manager to partner with our North American business development team to drive new partnerships within our core games business. As a leading member of the North American business development team, you will build and lead a team that is on the front lines with our most strategic customers to help design comprehensive technical solutions that meet their critical business requirements. You will be instrumental in ensuring the success of our highest-profile customer productions and collaborate with Unity engineering teams to advocate for the customer.
We aren’t looking for someone that meets expectations; we want someone that exceeds them. We look for people that can build a team that is able to approach any challenge with diplomacy, remain cool under pressure and possess a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude. Ideally, you will have a background in leading game development teams involving multiple parties, including; developers, publishers, contractors, and other third parties. Your role will involve leading a team that meets clients, provides support, and gives technical demonstrations on the Unity product portfolio. This role can be performed from any Unity North American office or remote.
- Build relationships with technical decision makers, positioning Unity as the key thought leader in the Gaming industry, thus becoming a trusted advisor to the customer
- Demonstrate leadership as a technical expert in the use of the Unity product portfolio for the purpose of leading an engineering team that is able to take that expertise into the field (Unity editor and included features)
- Consult in-depth with developers who are planning or already using Unity
- Create adoption of Unity within game development studios not yet using Unity
- Enable your team to design, build, and run proof of concepts with prospective customers
- Position yourself as a go-to consultative resource and solutions expert for the greater business development team
- Support business development partners with technical consultations pre and post sale
- Actively seek field based innovations that will take our customers projects to the next level
- Provide product development recommendations and technical data to Unity’s R&D and Product Management teams as a strong internal advocate for our customers
- Experience in leading a customer facing, pre-sales, solutions engineering, or field engineering role
- Experience in working closely with Business Development, or other revenue generating, teams
- Demonstrated track record of customer centric service, consistent on time delivery of custom customer solutions, and team first approach
- Have shipped games professionally, either built on Unity or other tech (both is preferrable)
- Have shipped game titles on a multitude of platforms (mobile, console, PC, etc.)
- Experience using Unity, or other development engines, in either a production or solutions capacity with solid C# skills (C++ is a bonus)
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to communicate diplomatically, confidently, and effectively
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Experience in gameplay programming or other core game development areas preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or a related field / equivalent applicable experience
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Pre-Sales Manager, Solutions Engineering position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.