The Platform Foundation team provides critical platform interwork above and beyond independent platform teams and establishes the overall stability and runtime of the Unity Engine for over 25 platforms supported by Unity. The Platform Engineer, Industry Applications will be responsible for adapting Unity’s platform support to include targeted embedded system platforms used within industry, including automotive and other vertical segments.
Unity is widely used in industry to concept, develop and prototype applications for Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI) and other embedded use cases. This has led to strong demand from customers for Unity to provide a connected toolchain from concept to deployment. By extending our platform capabilities to include these industry applications, we will enable customers to deploy advanced embedded capabilities with an efficient and modern workflow.
Unity is committed to solving the hardest technical challenges, and this role plays a key part in delivering industry solutions for our customers. The Platform Engineer, Industry Applications will work with teams across Unity, including industry teams who work directly with customers and R&D teams responsible for cross-platform support, systems architecture, libraries, build and load time optimization.
This role is located onsite at the Unity office in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Extend Unity platform capabilities to include targeted hardware and operating systems used within industry verticals
- Develop integrations with applications, development frameworks and libraries to support industry verticals
- Work with our platform teams (Mobile, Console, Desktop and Special Platforms) to investigate, review and update engine code to solve existing problems
- Proactively identify areas for improvement across the Unity engine with regards to cross-platform functionality
- Collaborate with platform teams and owners to coordinate feature development and ensure the correct functionality across platforms
- Focus in on key areas, such as improving build time, load time and iteration time across platforms
- Help to scope out new projects that will improve the cross-platform functionality of the editor
- Must be a great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Able to develop and debug C/C++ code written in large multithreaded codebases
- Familiar with rendering stacks such as OpenGL or Vulkan
- Previous experience with embedded engineering
- Proficient with platform profiling tools (CPU/GPU/IO)
- Knowledge of e-Linux and RTOS systems (e.g. QNX, Integrity) and embedded SoCs like ARM, MIPS, RISC, etc.
- Experience with Automotive SoCs, such as Renesas R-Car and Nvidia Drive CX
- Experience with Linux distributions used in Automotive such as AGL and Yocto
- Experience with creating Automotive HMIs and Instrument clusters
- Experience with Qt
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Platform Engineer Industry Applications position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!