Unity is seeking a junior operations engineer to join our Production Engineering Operations team. The Operations team works with engineering teams globally throughout Unity to assist them on any incidents or problems they face with their services. You will work with service owners to resolve the issue and will be investigating and deep diving issues to work out the root cause. You will be part of a vital team and you are there to ensure that Unity services receive the highest level of support to run smoothly. During times of no incidents you will work to build tools and improve processes to help the team be as effective as possible. You will also manage regular internal support requests.
This is a possibility for you to be part of a brand new team and have a real impact by being there to define processes and tools from scratch.
- Being the first line of defence for Unity services by participating in triaging and remediation with Service Owners and Site Reliability Engineers
- Working with Site Reliability Engineering teams and developers to ensure the tools and documentation to work with services is up to date and usable
- Building and improving processes and tools around incident management and service support
- You have studied in a relevant subject such as computer science or other IT related degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and customer oriented mindset
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time independently and efficiently as well as ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Experience with, or strong interest in, Linux systems, Docker and Kubernetes
- Willingness and flexibility to work changing shift patterns including weekends and public holidays
- Curious mindset towards problem solving
- Experience on any cloud provider, such as AWS, GCP, Azure
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Operations Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!