We are looking for a Manager, Technical Art to join our Games Productions team. The Manager, Technical Art primary responsibility is for research, technical aesthetic fidelity, innovation, and providing coordination, strategies, and leadership with our technical artists, VFX artists, and Engineers.
In addition to defining standard methodologies and competitive awareness, the Manager, Technical Art is encouraged to understand emerging trends and technologies in video game content and make strategic recommendations as to how they may benefit and/or impact the initiatives or project; establishing and maintaining the functional vision.
Areas of responsibility include visual R&D, performance monitoring, standard-setting, as well as process, pipeline issues, and definition. The most fun part is to work with the Games Productions team to deliver outstanding game templates, samples, and products that validate features, workflows, solutions, and services.
What you’ll be doing
- Define technical roadmaps and long term vision for the tech art team
- Prototype cutting edge approaches to art and content creation and orchestrate R&D efforts
- Set standards for and guard the quality of both the technical implementation as well as the visual results of in-game content and tools
- Identify and resolve workflow and pipeline problems for internal art teams;
- Implement new technologies and workflows
What we’re looking for
- Proven leadership skills with excellent problem solving and diplomatic skills
- A deep understanding of modern content creation tools and workflows: modeling, texturing, shading, rigging, animation, and lighting
- An excellent understanding of modern physically based materials and lighting; as well as modern graphics hardware
- Knowledge of modern shading languages such as PSSL, HLSL, or GLSL
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates compelling technical and visuals across multiple genres of games
You might also have
- VFX and particle simulation experience
- Experience with modern Autodesk Softwares, Substance Painter and Designer, Houdini
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Manager, Technical Artist position on WeChat