Unity is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to be part of our Sustained Engineering (SE) team! The SE team improves software quality processes and helps maintain all released versions of Unity, working across every area of the engine. You are someone with a keen interest in software development practices, maintaining live systems, and working with other teams to improve the quality of Unity throughout the engine. In this role you will be making a key contribution by ensuring the quality of all released versions of Unity.
The SE team is both reactive – fixing problems and helping customers, and proactive – developing systems and tools to supervise and improve the quality of the Unity codebase. SE is a mixture of skilled specialists and generalists, with a holistic knowledge of our codebase and the engineering muscle to step in and help Unity customers fast.
This is a full time position, based in our Brighton office. Note that this position will be remote while Unity’s offices are closed due to the ongoing pandemic.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a diverse set of developers working on tools and technology to assist in code quality improvements and the maintenance of Unity
- Liaise with teams across the entirety of Unity R&D to ensure the adoption and success of the SE initiatives
- Ensure that the requirements of partners are met and key targets are delivered
- Report team progress to area leadership and partners
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship for team members
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience leading a team in a commercial software development
- Good C++ and C# experience
- Experience in software development in a distributed collaborative environment/part of a team working on large projects with large codebases
- Strong Experience of maintaining a live production environment with multiple live versions
- Experience developing tooling
You might also have
- Experience of real time systems and maintaining the performance of these systems, preferably game engines
- Console or mobile programming experience
- Agile (preferably SCRUM) experience
- Experience of live reporting analytics systems
- Commercial experience of other programming languages (Python, Perl, etc)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Manager, Sustained Engineering position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.