At Multiplay, we are re-inventing the way multiplayer games are built, launched and supported. We focus on providing innovative infrastructure solutions that ease the development and launch of online games. We proudly provide hybrid multi-cloud scaling technology and 24/7 live operations for some of the world’s biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about gaming, keeping gamers online and ensuring they get the best possible experience.
We are looking for a Manager, Software Engineering who shares our passion for games, hyper-scale automation and distributed systems. Your role will include the hiring, management, growth, and retention of top engineering talent, project management and execution of high-quality services that are scalable, idempotent in nature, and resilient to failure as well as providing technical leadership to a distributed cross-functional engineering team.
- Develop and grow your colleagues, and work deeply with them to achieve their potential. You will be responsible for a cross-functional engineering team which includes Front End, Backend and QA Engineers
- Enable and support others to work on the software and services that power the Multiplay platform by reviewing pull requests, ensuring quality, and guiding others towards user first outcomes
- Occasionally contribute directly to the code base and participate in hands-on software development
- Drive day to day execution and delivery of tasks and leading the project team with Lean and Agile methodologies, motivating your team by explaining how their work relates to the wider business objectives
- Collaborate with Product Managers and senior engineering leadership to conceptualize, prioritize, and develop new products within Multiplay
- Ability to be a team mentor, lead by example, and build trust and solid relationships
- Proven experience in a professional software engineering language such as Go, C++ or similar languages
- Deep experience with at least one and ideally multiple public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience as an Engineering Lead/Manager overseeing small to medium sized teams working on Cloud based service products
- Strong collaboration and communication skills in English
- Experience in leading a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with building performant, large scale distributed systems
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and Helm
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Manager, Software Engineering position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.