GameTune enables game developers to use machine learning to optimize the game’s experience for each player in real time. GameTune comes with easy to use end-to-end integration with full automation. GameTune is integrated into the game and it is able to make real-time decisions for each user to create the optimal user experience while optimizing the goals set by the developer.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead the GameTune team. You will work with a team of world class data scientists and engineers, taking the ownership of technical product development and empowering the cross-functional team to perform at its best level.
We are a highly autonomous and empowered team, working closely with our customers. GameTune is in an interesting product phase where we are scaling it for a wider audience and actively developing the feature set to meet our customers’ needs.
What you’ll be doing
- Take up the technical ownership of your team. Guide them on selecting the right technologies, architecture, and balancing the current needs with future growth and risks
- Keep the team focused on shipping value with high velocity and balance it with raising the bar for quality. Manage the projects and drive their execution. Work on continually increasing the productivity of the team and reducing the waste
- Work with the customers and the product counterparts to define what will make the product successful. Drive transforming these plans into actionable development work. You represent the customer’s needs in the team. Measure and evaluate customer results and find areas of improvement
- Grow the team by hiring the right talent and help people in your team to grow personally and professionally
- Empower your team by creating an engineering culture where everyone can perform at their best level. Continuously improve processes and provide a strategic vision around the team’s work. Define clear and data-driven success metrics for the team
What we’re looking for
- Ability to manage people in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills in English
- Good understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning
You might also have
- Experience in building data driven software products and successfully launching them to the market
- Previous experience or insights into the gaming industry, especially with free-to-play games
- Experience with Google Cloud products such as GKE, BigQuery or Dataflow
- You can use SQL to gather data to evaluate results and support decision-making
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.#LI-PS1
Share the Manager, Software Engineering, GameTune position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.