We are looking for an exceptional engineering manager to join our Simulations team within Unity’s AI organization! Our ideal candidate is an engineering manager with extensive working knowledge around distributed systems and experience leading teams of 6-12 engineers, ranging from senior to new grads, in a rapidly growing and innovative environment. You care about building and growing a well-knit team that takes pride in delivering highly available and scalable services, cultivating a collaborative environment that encourages ownership and autonomy, and promoting a positive team culture.
We are AI@Unity. We drive the use of AI for Unity customers via targeted products and services, partner with product teams throughout Unity to personalize experiences, build developer tools powered by ML, and drive better business decisions through predictive analytics, at scale. The Simulations Platform team, in particular, is an acceleration effort focused on building a foundation for multiple applications, from massively scaled distributed systems that run millions of Unity instances in parallel to critical infrastructure in security and data management for all the AI@Unity services. The applications are many and varied - to enable large scale simulations for gameplay and robotics, computer vision and perception. All of our work empowers our customers to do in hours what previously took days to weeks.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with Product Managers and senior engineering leadership to conceptualize, prioritize, and develop new products within AI@Unity
- Unblocking obstacles for and empowering engineers on the team to do their best work
- Build, coach and mentor a world-class engineering team
- Set and achieve goals that stretch what’s possible via the Simulations service
- Work closely with customers inside and outside Unity to enable maximum customer benefit from Simulations
What we’re looking for
- Experience as an Engineering Manager overseeing small to medium sized teams working on large scale microservices platform
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid foundation in and understanding of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Proven experience in a professional software engineering experience in Java, Golang, C# or similar languages
- Experience with at least one and ideally multiple public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure
You might also have
- Experience with building performant, robust, large scale distributed systems
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development and graphics
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Manager, Software Engineer, Simulation AI@Unity position on WeChat