At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
If you want to have a large impact in shaping Unity's external reporting and technical accounting function, come talk to us about our Manager of Technical Accounting position! You will play a key role in ensuring timely and accurate accounting and reporting over a variety of complex areas such as mergers and acquisitions, capitalized software, leases, equity, share-based compensation, and debt. You will succeed in this role because you have strong technical research skills and experience dealing with highly judgmental topics.
This high visibility role will be reporting directly to our Senior SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager, in our San Francisco Unity office.
- You will analyze non-recurring transactions by properly identifying the accounting implications of the terms and conditions, applying appropriate accounting rules and literature and exercising judgment in subjective areas to draw reasonable and acceptable conclusions.
- You will evaluate the adoption of accounting standard updates, including drafting and maintaining relevant accounting policies.
- You will act as a subject matter expert, working with the business partners in accounting and other functions (e.g., legal and corporate development) to identify financial risks associated with new or contemplated transactions and resolve complex accounting issues.
- You will lead process improvements and other improvement initiatives in the Finance and Accounting department, driving successful outcomes and updating key stakeholders.
- You will support the team in internal control compliance activities.
- You have technical accounting experience in public accounting
- You have advanced knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position and develop procedures for implementation
- You have excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have critical thinking skills and seek solutions to complex accounting and reporting issues
- You have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You have Big 4 and/or technology industry experience
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity. #LI-IS1 #SEN
Share the Manager of Technical Accounting position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!