As a Senior Onboarding Specialist in R&D, your mission will be to ensure that everyone joining our team has a delightful onboarding experience that includes technical learning, hands on experience, culture & values, and collaboration across teams! To be successful in this role, you will need to have outstanding communication, active listening, and writing skills as well as dedication to understanding and crafting a program for diverse audiences.
Working within a framework of Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity for all, we want you to be forward-thinking and solution-focused, with the ability to combine critical thinking with tactical delivery so that you craft and deliver an Onboarding Program that will support all of our new team members. This role will directly manage the Onboarding Program Manager and will be responsible for scaling the program and team as needed. You will gather feedback from key partners, listening to them to align on the best ideas so that we are able to constantly rethink existing processes and challenge the status quo to deliver innovative impactful lasting improvements on a global scale.
What you'll be doing
- Take a holistic view of knowledge domains in R&D to develop and maintain a syllabus with a focus on effective adult learning methods, instructional design, and content creation ensuring that the curriculum is intuitive to navigate, meets the needs of various modes of learning, and incorporates diverse perspectives
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical staff of all levels to draft and maintain technical learning content for the various roles in R&D
- Design and implement a robust process for onboarding content maintenance as well as events and experiences relevant to onboarding
- Partner with HR, Unity Onboarding, and Learning & Development teams to iterate on the program collaboratively as Unity grows
- Support the growth and career development of the Onboarding Team
What we're looking for
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills, working with a data driven approach to decision making to tackle challenges in sophisticated ways n multiple projects at scale
- Be an empowered self-starter capable of working proactively to drive outcomes with distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Practical understanding of adult learning theory and ability to recommend and implement learning solutions
- Experience in implementing operational changes and new processes across functions and departments
- Be passionate about the employee experience. We solve for their experience, not ours
You might also have
- Experience developing and running an R&D onboarding program at a large tech company.
- Experience growing a team.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Manager, Global Onboarding, R&D position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.