We are looking for exceptional interns to join the ML-Agents team within AI@Unity. The ML-Agents team is an applied research team focused on: 1. Enabling Unity as a premier simulation platform for Artificial Intelligence research ranging from locomotion to language-guided visual navigation, and 2. Enabling Unity developers to train character behaviors using machine learning techniques such as deep reinforcement learning and imitation learning. You will be working with a team of researchers and engineers to develop technologies for training intelligent agents within Unity environments. Bringing these technologies to the Unity platform has the potential to both transform how games are created, tested, and evaluated as well as push RL research forward by providing novel simulation environments.
You will have access to Unity’s vibrant ecosystem of developers and games, providing simulation environments that range from 2D turn-based to 3D real-time strategy, including networked and multi-player games. You will have the opportunity to extend state-of-the-art machine learning within this ecosystem, exploring areas such as generalization and adapting to changing observation and action spaces, efficiently leveraging real player data, hierarchical modeling, multi-agent, active/interactive learning within the Unity Editor and large-scale distributed training. An ideal internship project would result in a publication at a top tier machine learning conference.
- Develop and implement algorithms for training character behaviors within Unity using machine learning methods such as reinforcement training and imitation learning
- Benchmark and evaluate your implementations on complex games with high physical fidelity and graphical quality
- Make your implementations available to the Unity developer community by contributing to our open-source ML-Agents Toolkit.
- Programming experience in one of the following languages: Python, C#, Java, or C++
- Experience in one of the following libraries: TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Caffe2
- Strong background in linear algebra, calculus, and probability theory
- Proficiency in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Published research in one of the following areas: Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Adaptive Control, Neuroevolution, or Planning
- Experience with contributing to open-source projects
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, and game development
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Machine Learning Intern (ML-Agents), AI@Unity position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!