Our Machine Learning Graphics team wants to redefine the process of content generation by exploring the intersection of Machine Learning and Graphics - from material generation to texture creation to environment content authoring, our Machine Learning Graphics team believes that we can better serve Unity developers by applying Machine Learning models to the Graphics Rendering process. If you are a team player who wants to be at the forefront of machine learning, graphics, and the video game industry, we want to talk to you!
In this internship you will be collecting data, training ML models, and reading published research. You goal will be to select a project and dig deep into that area to see if it can be practically used for content creation. By doing this, you will help guide the team and possibly set the stage for new content creation techniques.
Note that this role will focus on computer vision-based supervised and unsupervised learning techniques only (no reinforcement learning).
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining data sets, scouring arXiv.org to find new research, and implementing the technique of your choosing.
- Create and organize data such that it can be archived and reused by team members.
- Implement research and share your findings with the team.
- Create a shared repository that others can use to recreate your experiments.
- Implement and train ML models from scratch.
- Implement new UI in the Unity Editor to leverage your ML magic.
We are looking for an intern with machine learning or graphics experience (or both) to join our team. Applicants should have experience in one of these two areas and a strong interest in learning more about the other.
- Graphics focused candidates should be familiar with real-time rendering and content creation.
- ML focused candidates should be familiar with U-nets, GANs, and modern techniques.
- Applicant should have strong math skills (statistics, linear algebra, calculus).
- Game development, engine development, or rendering experience.
- Experience reading, writing, or implementing graphics or machine learning research.
- Experience with ML research specifically for rendering or content creation.
- Combined ML and graphics experience is a huge plus.
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Machine Learning Graphics Intern position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!