In Helsinki, you will work on the Unity Monetization platform, building high-throughput distributed systems on a scale you will not see in many other places. Essentially, you will be doing what Google does on the web (only you will be doing it in games). What’s more, your work will have a positive impact, helping game developers get paid for their work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games.
We are looking for an engineer with a machine learning experience to enable the further scale of our product offering. Our reach is expanding, so is our approach to Machine Learning, data gathering and processing. Together with our Data Science and Engineering teams, you will contribute to the foundation of the Machine Learning discipline at Unity.
- Data engineering, ensuring good data flow between our systems
- Implementing robust and scalable Machine Learning pipelines leveraging the stack provided by Google Cloud Platform
- Transforming the company to be Data-driven through modeling, implementation, and measuring efficiency to enable key decisions of product development and architecture
- Experience in building machine learning based online decision-making systems
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning concepts and software patterns
- Focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability - getting things done quickly without sacrificing quality
- You are able to clearly communicate your ideas, solutions and talk about them with the team in English
- Experience preferably with Python/Java/Scala or any other relevant languages
- Understanding specifics of managing big data volumes at scale and experience with databases and ETL
- Deep knowledge of Cloud-based (Amazon, Google Cloud) ML stacks
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Machine Learning Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!