Unity Technologies is seeking a business-oriented Legal Counsel to join the APAC legal team and be based out of our Seoul office. You will be the primary legal support for the various industry verticals in the APAC region, including the Automotive and Transportation (“ATM”), Architecture, Engineering and Construction (“AEC”) and Media and Entertainment (“M&E”) teams. As this role is based in Seoul, in addition to the industry verticals, you will also be supporting the Korea office, and providing advice and counsel to the Korea Country Manager. If you are a “can-do” and collaborative person, with a passion for creative problem-solving, this would be a great fit for you.
- Take the lead on drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial transactions including technology, software, professional services, and other strategic partnership agreements, in support of the various industry vertical teams in the region;
- Help to establish legal processes and procedures, customize new forms and templates, to be used globally, for the new and evolving industry verticals;
- Support the legal and business needs of, and proactively engage with, all departments in the Korea office, including sales, marketing, finance, facilities, HR, engineering, and other teams, and acting as primary legal counsel to the Korea Country Manager;
- Provide advice, and ensure compliance with data privacy regulations, with escalations to global privacy counsel where necessary;
- Manage statutory filings, corporate compliance, labor law compliance and other related matters within Korea;
- Conduct legal training sessions and assist in the preparation of training materials.
- Law degree, and qualified in at least one APAC jurisdiction;
- Combined relevant legal experience, with a strong focus on commercial transactions, OR some prior experience serving as in-house counsel;
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with executives and business personnel, across various functions and geographies;
- Fluency in Korean and English (other languages are a bonus!); and
- Some regional travel required.
- Strong preference for technical background and experience in any one of the ATM, AEC or M&E industries;
- Financially literate, with an understanding of software revenue recognition;
- Qualified to act as a data privacy officer in Korea
- Tech-savvy with a strong understanding of software and online services business;
- Interest in emerging technologies.
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, giving content creators around the world the tools to create rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. Our 800+ person engineering team keeps Unity at the bleeding-edge of technology by working alongside partners such as Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms.
Apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Legal Counsel position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!