Role descriptionThe opportunity
Joining Unity's XR team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality! Unity is uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future XR devices and platforms including Oculus, OpenXR, Magic Leap, and HoloLens coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology.
As a Lead on the XR team you will run a motived group of QA engineers and engage with program managers and developers on test strategies and approaches for a variety of projects. You will actively be involved in driving the team towards the best balance of automated and manual tests, and in ensuring tools and processes are in place to continually improve quality across the board. Your expertise will help the XR team build a quality culture to help deliver the platforms and features that have powered the most popular and successful XR games and applications!What you’ll be doing
- People Manager maintaining employee retention by recruiting, mentor, orienting, career planning and training
- Drive the development teams towards continuous improvement and higher quality - tackle technical problems and guide the team to solutions
- Connect with teams across Unity and external partners to ensure a quality end-to-end experience of all deliverables
- Develop a QA culture to ensure long-term success and setting standards and objectives for Quality
- Leading projects, developing, executing and optimizing robust test strategies and doing technical oversight of other projects of QA teams to ensure efficiency
- A proven record of shipping large, complex software projects and driving quality
- Ability to build, contribute and implement Best Practices and QA processes across projects and identify risks and offer solutions to mitigate
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence, Unity Engine, TestRail, Jenkins, GitHub, and validating various tech stacks
- Experience in providing test estimates for project management and resource planning
- Experience testing AR/VR products
- Experience leading a QA team embedded with developers
- Experience in representing the customer experience to partners, internal and external to the company
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead, Software Engineering, Quality position on WeChat