Unity’s Accelerate Solutions team is growing and we are looking for talented lead engineers. Our professional services team works across multiple platforms and industries, incorporating cutting edge technologies like XR, ML, robotics and IoT. We use the Unity engine to build custom software solutions in a wide range of technically diverse fields, including architecture, automotive, retail, entertainment and games!
Your day-to-day work will apply your technical and personal skill set on an application project team. As a lead, you’ll play a meaningful role in each phase of your projects, from concept, to planning and implementation, through client delivery. Your focus will be on solving difficult problems, managing technical direction and the product life-cycle. You’re an experienced engineer that owns your work, mentors others, and maintains a passion to learn and grow. You have the confidence and skills to champion and drive outstanding interactive experiences.
Our cross-disciplinary teams consist of world class developers, technical artists, 3d artists, UX & UI designers. Our goal is to inspire customers and transform industries. We are committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you'll be doing
- Lead small teams (2-5 engineers) to develop and deploy high quality games and applications using agile methodologies
- Interface with clients on technical solutions
- Work with an engineering manager and a project team of designers, project managers and quality analysts to develop best-in-class games and applications
- Work with the creative team to realize a design concept into implementation
- Mentor Jr Developers, partake in code reviews to ensure only high-quality software is committed. You will also provide management oversight such as employee career development, interviewing and merit reviews
What we're looking for
- Proven ability to deliver products from concept to submission with Unity and C#
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Good communicator with the ability to interface directly with clients
- Experience with games, AR/VR, mobile apps and desktop applications
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems
You might also have
- Game console development (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox)
- Experience with data modeling and UML
- Experience in any of the following areas: Tech art experience, developing shaders or modelling and lighting scenes - experience with IoT (e.g. BLE) or AI and machine learning. Experience with ARFoundation, ARKit or ARCore
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetise interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead Software Engineer position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.