We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join a team focused on building and delivering the next-generation of cloud services to developers using the Unity game engine. As a lead engineer, you will guide a team to design, build, and deploy services that increase collaboration and reduce iteration time to the largest game development community in the world. You will also play a key role in designing technical solutions that focus on system performance and reliability at the largest scale.
- Directly manage engineers, providing feedback and guidance
- Maintain clear and effective communication within the team and out to the broader organization
- Work closely with project and product managers to ensure our products provide a consistently great experience across all cloud services
- Operate within a distributed team, collaborating with colleagues around the world
- Solid programming skills in your favorite language, even if it isn’t our own
- Significant technical experience leading engineers through all phases of development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full development life cycle (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, operations, etc.)
- Experience mentoring engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective
- Working knowledge of the Unity game engine
- Game industry experience
- Experience working with various cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with DevOps (deployment, monitoring, automation, etc.)
- Experience with our stack (Node.js, Golang, Postgres, C#, GCP, Kubernetes) is helpful, but not required - we are looking for great people that have a track record of solving problems in similar domains
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead Software Engineer, Unity Team Tools and Services position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.