We are Unity Solutions, a new team building custom software for a wide range of clients. Our professional services team works across multiple platforms incorporating cutting edge technologies like XR, ML, robotics and IoT. We work on a diverse range of business verticals including automotive, retail, natural resources, manufacturing and entertainment.
We’re looking for a talented lead engineer to join our new team in Orlando. You will take on the lead technical role on a team building and deploying scalable web systems for clients. You will also mentor and help manage the career development of a number of employees, and help us reinforce the Unity culture. We are looking for someone that has a proven track record building scalable cloud APIs.
At Unity, we believe the world is a better place with more creators in it. Together, we’ll use your experience in cloud development and management to build incredible solutions for our clients and our community.
- Collaborate with teams to architect, develop and deploy high quality cloud-based web applications
- Interface significantly with clients, project managers and business development on technical requirements, solutions, scope and budget
- Work closely with other developers, designers, artists, producers, program managers and QA to understand features and develop clean REST APIs to support those features
- Manage employee career development
- Write scalable and testable code
- Estimate tasks and manage time effectively
- Ensure the team adheres to and offers improvements to project standards and guidelines to enable better software development
- Ability to manage people in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ability to lead teams in order to design, develop and deploy high quality cloud based applications
- Ability to develop scalable solutions with the prospects of large data sets
- Proficient level cloud applications development skills with a deep understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and an understanding of how to write performant, scalable and memory efficient code
- Proficient in Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with a variety of database technologies such as Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Redis
- Experience with CI/CD automation
- Experience with developing XR, mobile apps, games, or desktop applications
- Experience with DevOps tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Terraform, or Serverless.com
- Experience building commercial software using the Unity Editor
- Experience with Machine Learning
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead Backend Engineer, Solutions position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.