Role descriptionThe Opportunity
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Developers and Technical Artists with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very challenging technical problems. In order to do this, we provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
The European team is experiencing high growth, and we’re looking for software developers with leadership experience in order to ensure that our operations continue running smoothly. Most of our customers are in the games industry, but we also provide services to customers in other verticals such as Media & Entertainment (M&E), manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and architecture. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, an excellent communicator, and have a background in real-time interactive applications, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will involve managing a team of Software Developers and Technical Artists, ensuring that our active projects are on track, helping our Sales Representatives with the assessment of new business opportunities, scoping potential projects, and keeping yourself updated when it comes to the products we offer as part of the Unity ecosystem.
As we’re a highly distributed team, the role may involve occasional travel to other Unity offices in order to meet your reports. Occasionally, you’ll also be required to travel to customers’ offices, primarily within Europe. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and is usually conducted during weekdays.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Manage your direct reports to grow their technical skills and careers, and ensure they have everything they need in order to be successful in their roles
- Engage with our clients to learn about their operations and specify innovative solutions that improve their core business based around the core strategies of the Professional Services team.
- Assist in the creation of proofs-of-concept, pitches, and prototypes to excite clients about Unity’s potential.
- Create specifications and requirements to tightly scope projects, respond to RFPs and accurately set customers’ expectations for outcomes.
- Collaborate internally with Sales / Business Development, Solutions Engineers, Software Development and Technical Art Consultants and other SMEs to accurately estimate the effort and value of potential projects. Then collaborate with our Engagement Managers to deliver Statements of Work and respond to customer RFPs.
- Constantly train on new and emerging technologies in order to discover new ways to apply them for our clients.
- Experience of managing a small team of software developers or solution architects.
- Experience developing and shipping software, from initial design through delivery & live operations, on multiple completed projects.
- Experience defining technical specifications & requirements for software projects
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English, and the ability to deliver presentations to clients.
- An interest in working on the back-end systems of projects in the Games and Media & Entertainment (M&E) domains.
- Ability to travel to customers on a flexible schedule.
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Experience using Unity in a professional environment.
- Experience working with or in Systems Integrators, consultancies, and enterprise software development.
- Experience in project or account management.
- Experience in the games industry and/or real-time 3D domain experience in a related industry (e.g., Visualization, Digital Twins, etc).
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead Software Developer, Solutions Games Services position on WeChat