Parsec creates ultra-low latency, high-performance remote desktop technology that empowers creative professionals to work from anywhere, businesses to embrace flexible workplaces, and individuals to play together from anywhere. We're growing so that we can help leaders in gaming, entertainment, engineering, and architecture build the things we love, whether they're in the office or working from home. Parsec is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unity.
Parsec is looking for an experienced Senior QA Engineer to form and lead a best-in-class QA team. This is a great opportunity to come in on the ground level, with a large degree of autonomy and empowerment, defining processes and hiring strategy. The QA team will work horizontally supporting multiple engineering groups, and as the leader of the QA team you will report directly to Parsec’s head of engineering. You are organized and methodical, technically strong, and have a passion for delivering high quality, reliable software.
This is a fully remote position based in the United States.
What you’ll be doing
- Define, implement, and iterate on QA processes, constantly driving to improve both release confidence and operational efficiency
- Write, update, and execute manual test plans, minimizing regressions and ensuring quality releases
- Become an expert on Parsec’s products and technologies, proactively identifying risks and problem areas, and providing insightful critical feedback on functionality and user experience
- Contribute to, and help maintain, automated test suites covering multiple products, and devise a strategy for hardware compatibility testing
- Hire, manage, and mentor a AAA team of QA testers
What we're looking for
- A deep technical understanding of Windows, computer hardware, APIs, web technologies, network technologies, and cloud-native applications
- Prior experience with both manual and automated testing, test plan management, and the software development life cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong cross functional collaboration
- Strong discipline applied to structured and organized workflows, processes, and individual efforts
- Experience with scripting or coding in at least one language
You might also have
- A “get it done” attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Experience hiring QA engineers, managing a team, and mentoring junior direct reports
- A passion for technology, both software and hardware, always excited to learn and play with what’s new
- Prior IT or helpdesk experience, or other experience with corporate network and device management
- Remote work experience, understanding how to effectively communicate, organize, and work with distributed teams
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead QA Engineer, Parsec position on WeChat