As the lead programmer, you will be leading a diverse team of experienced developers that is building an exciting new toolkit to help our customers adopt Unity more easily. By collaborating with Unity’s Professional Services team and a handful of strategic customers, you’ll disrupt the status quo and ensure Unity is the real-time 3D operating system of the future.
Starting with our current small team of senior staff, you will help define the product’s vision and roadmap, manage the growth and professional development of the team, and collaborate with your direct reports to define and develop the technology necessary to achieve our product goals.
What you'll be doing
- You will work with the Engineering Manager to evolve the vision for a new service-oriented product.
- You will collaborate with your team to define the product’s roadmap and technical architecture.
- You will facilitate collaboration between your team and other stakeholder teams, especially Unity’s R&D and Professional Services teams, to ensure that the product aligns with the roadmap for the core Unity Engine and meets the needs of our customers.
- You will help qualify and prioritize the initial customers with whom your team will validate and trial the new product.
- You will manage training for yourself and your team on emerging Unity Engine features to keep your expertise sharp and current.
What we're looking for
- You have experience programming for real-time entertainment software, such as 3D games or similar experiences.
- You have professional programming experience with C, C++ or C#.
- You have experience working on real-time entertainment software development teams in different stages of development, including pre-production and shipping.
- You have experience working on a software project whose requirements are defined by an external stakeholder or stakeholders.
- You are able to write clear, concise technical requirements and documentation in English.
You might also have
- You have led a diverse and multidisciplinary software development team.
- You have experience developing games in Unity and/or Unreal.
- You are familiar with real-time 3D engine technology areas, such as serialization, scripting runtimes, transpilers, physically-based shader development, file I/O, and data-oriented design.
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead Programmer, Professional Services position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.