Role descriptionThe Opportunity
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Developers and Technical Artists with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very challenging technical problems. In order to do this, we provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
The European team is experiencing high growth, and we’re looking for software developers with leadership experience in order to ensure that our operations continue running smoothly. Most of our customers are in the games industry, but we also provide services to customers in other verticals such as Media & Entertainment (M&E), manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and architecture. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, an excellent communicator, and have a background in real-time interactive applications, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will involve managing a team of Software Developers and Technical Artists, ensuring that our active projects are on track, helping our Sales Representatives with the assessment of new business opportunities, scoping potential projects, and keeping yourself updated when it comes to the products we offer as part of the Unity ecosystem.
As we’re a highly distributed team, the role may involve occasional travel to other Unity offices in order to meet your reports. Occasionally, you’ll also be required to travel to customers’ offices, primarily within Europe. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and is usually conducted during weekdays.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.What you'll be doing
- Manage your direct reports to grow their technical skills and careers, and ensure they have everything they need in order to be successful in their roles
- Provide assistance to our business development teams and engage with prospective customers who are interested in hiring our services in order to benefit from our back-end expertise
- Own the development of the various internal tools used by our organization that allow us to scale and do our work more efficiently
- Thoroughly scope and plan incoming opportunities and projects
- Liaise with Project Managers and keep track of the status of ongoing long-term projects
- Experience managing a small team of software developers
- Comfortable when it comes to interacting and explaining ideas to customers and executives that don’t possess an engineering background
- Working knowledge of orchestration including docker and kubernetes
- Experience with authentication and authorization, including SAML.
- Experience with build process, continuous integration, continuous deployment and build engineering.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead Game Developer - Solutions Games Services position on WeChat