Unity is looking for a Lead Backend Engineer to spearhead our publisher delivery team. The publisher delivery team is a part of the team focused on providing the best set of features for publisher using Unity’s monetization. As the leading development platform for online and mobile games, Unity is helping take developer's creations further and faster than ever before. Unity Monetization enables developers to build a business through advertising, in-app purchase and analytics.
- Lead a team of software engineers focused on Unity’s publisher delivery team
- Work with the QA team to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design
- Interface with internal and external demand teams at Unity
- Write high quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of experience in software development
- At least 1 year in a lead position
- Knowledge of Java, C++. C and GO or Node.js
- Understanding the protocols used in AdTech, such as OpenRTB
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in Gaming is a plus, but not required
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead Engineer, Monetization position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!