Unity Technologies is currently seeking an experienced Lead Engine Programmer who will handle incoming technical issues from Unity users. This person will ideally have in-depth knowledge of Unity and how it is used in large projects, and he/she will be instrumental in helping key Unity users ship amazing games and applications.
- Provide in-depth consultation and support to developers who are planning to use Unity for their games and simulations;
- Become a technical expert in the use of Unity product portfolio (Unity Pro, Source Code, etc.) for game and simulation development;
- Build long-term relationships with technical decision makers and influencers within key accounts;
- Provide technical presentations and technology demos at trade shows and on customer site visits;
- Provide product development recommendations and technical data to Unity’s product development teams;
- Act as a strong internal advocate for our customers ensuring feedback is communicated between sales and product engineering;
- Act as an ambassador for our customers offering regionalized feedback to our product development processes.
- Experience in leading a technical team
- Experience in game programming, simulation programming or games middleware with knowledge of game development process and platforms
- High level of understanding of 3D graphics algorithms and shader programming on game engine side
- Unity expert who has led a couple of big Unity game project as a TD or technical PD or Game engine expert that has code level in-depth experience in commercial or in-house 3D game engine such as Unreal, Frostbite, CryEngine, Lumberyard, or Stingray
- Strong oral and written communication skills addressing various groups of customers: technical, business, and/or project management who is comfortable with travelling
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead Engine Programmer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!