Unity's Consulting & Development team is looking for developers with graphics programming skills to help us expand from the gaming industry into the automotive, aerospace and industrial fields.
Using our technical expertise and cumulative knowledge, we work alongside successful projects and high-profile teams to elevate their work from good to great. Your day-to-day work will involve interacting with customers, often in person. You'll spend the majority of your time helping them by researching unique, technical problems, writing technical reports, and developing solutions and sample code.
Most importantly, we value sharing the results of your investigations (as well as any knowledge you possess) to our users and your coworkers. That's why we give you the freedom to:
- Speak at conferences
- Deliver technical training to customers and team members
- Work as a liaison or directly with R&D employees
- Do some personal development research on specific topics of interest
We believe that spending time learning new skills and gaining knowledge is always valuable.
Over time you will become an established technical authority within Unity. You will be able to help shape Unity's direction by providing guidance to our R&D teams and mentorship to our customers. We have customers in many regions across North America, which allows for opportunities to travel to more distant customers, and also to visit Unity offices all over the world. On average, we spend 6 nights per month traveling.
We are committed to maintaining a team with varied strengths, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Deliver personalized, friendly help to our automotive, aerospace and industrial clients
- Solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Dive into Unity's code base to answer questions, create patches, and provide advice
- Build close relationships with client engineers and with Unity's internal development teams
- Proactively train yourself to remain at the forefront of high-quality graphics rendering techniques and Unity Engine technology
- Extensive professional experience programming in C# or C++, using one or more interactive content engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine, in-house)
- Professional experience writing shaders/GPU programs or rendering-related code
- Solid knowledge of profiling and performance optimization of applications
- Excellent skills in communication, in both spoken and written English
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Enthusiasm for working with automotive, aerospace and industrial projects
- Experience with technical writing, training or giving talks
- A background in customer service or technical support
- Experience in implementing and debugging multithreaded code
- A working command of low-level computer architecture and assembly code
- A university degree in, or equivalent knowledge of, computer science, computer architecture, or 3D/matrix mathematics
- Experience tackling the challenges of rendering high-polygon, high-fidelity content in real time (at least 30 Hz) applications
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Graphics Engineer, Automotive, Consulting & Development position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!