We are looking for a Graphics lead within the Graphics Foundation team to define and own the direction of core rendering. If you love to solve complex technical challenges and enjoy working closely with a talented team this is a great opportunity for you. Are you excited to engage directly with development customers to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and hone new systems to a polished sheen? Do you take pride in your ability to propose coherent solutions to complex problems involving multiple customer groups and tricky technology constraints? Would you like to improve the life of every Unity developer that works with graphics features, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
The core areas of work that you will influence are specifically: level of detail systems, impostors, hierarchical lod, mesh skinning, deformations and user workflows. As part of the foundation team you will collaborate with a cross-discipline team to evolve our core rendering technology and develop new features, maintain existing rendering tech, and work on optimization and improvements.
You have worked on high-performance rendering in the past and you know the importance of writing fast and maintainable code. You are a team player and strive for learning and sharing knowledge. If you are also looking to put your work in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world you have come to the right place.
- Project manage a feature or project involving team members as well as people from other areas of R&D
- Manage a team of 3 talented graphics engineers
- Directly contribute to the development of code and set the architecture for further development within your feature/project
- Execute strategic plans set for the teams and projects and prepares tactical and operational plans detailing how to accomplish the overarching goal set
- Give direction and guidance to employees as well as sharing knowledge and developing employees in their careers
- Ensure all perspectives are at the table and create a diverse and inclusive environment which ensures all voices are heard
- Significant experience building complex systems within graphics
- Strong working knowledge of C# and C++
- Experience leading a team or a complex delivered project
- Ability to operate in a flat hierarchy and a networked organisation where information is pulled not pushed
- Willingness to learn and grow as an engineer and person
- Prior experience with game engines
- Understanding the challenges of real-time 3D graphics, the scalability and performance it requires
- Understanding of large code bases and desire to solve the challenges it can bring
- Desire to drive initiatives
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.#LI-AB2 #SEN
Share the Lead Developer, Graphics Foundation position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!