Every person at Unity is empowered to work on exciting and challenging projects. After all, democratizing game development is no easy feat, but it is fun - and, incredibly rewarding. Our teams around the world focus on a common question: How do we continuously improve the tools and technology for our community of users?
We work with developers, artists, and entrepreneurs worldwide to bring a visually-stunning, easily-deployable, and powerful development platform to its users.
We are looking for a Graphics Engineer to join the Unity Low Level Graphics team. You will be working with future DOTS rendering technology (Burst C#) and existing Unity’s low level (C++) graphics code, including interfacing with modern graphics APIs such as DirectX 12, Vulkan and Metal. As part of the Low Level Graphics team you will collaborate with a cross-discipline team to design future high performance DOTS rendering technology, develop new rendering features and maintain and optimize existing rendering technology.
You have worked on high-performance rendering in the past and you know the importance of writing fast and maintainable code. You are a team player and strive for learning and sharing knowledge. If you are also looking to put your work in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world you have come to the right place.
- Design, implement and maintain rendering features for multiple platforms
- Develop and maintain production-quality code, public documentation, and tests
- Design powerful and extensible public APIs
- Profile, analyze and optimize performance bottlenecks in existing rendering code
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team to collect user feedback and prioritize feature development for DOTS rendering technology
- Proficiency in C# or C++ programming
- Proficiency with one of the following graphics APIs: DirectX 12, Vulkan and Metal
- Experience working on shaders and rendering features
- Performance-minded development, code profiling and optimization skills
- Relevant education and/or hands-on experience within the gaming or similar technology field
- Experience developing graphics using Unity
- Mobile development experience (Android, iOS)
- Console development experience (Xbox, PS4, Switch)
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Graphics Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!