Unity Engine is used by millions of creators around the world to create powerful and engaging real-time experiences. At the heart of this is graphics, from the initial point of content creation down to the final pixels on the target device. In the Graphics Innovation group, we focus on building a deep understanding of upcoming technology trends to help establish and refine the strategic roadmap for Unity graphics. With an eye toward the future, we relentlessly pursue solutions for novel techniques seeking to improve the content creators’ experience for real-time 3D.The Opportunity
As a Sr. Rendering Engineer at Unity, you will be in the unique position of working alongside some of the most forward-looking technologists in the industry helping to advance the state of real-time graphics and rendering technology. As part of our group, we research and define novel technologies, assisting Unity’s product developers in realizing their goals of solving cutting-edge challenges for graphics. We aim to develop innovations that solve real problems for our users, rather than novelty for its own sake. You will join forces with the product teams to help define a successful landing path for the innovations you’ll be leading to ensure they have real impact on the lives of millions of Unity creators.What You’ll Be Doing
- Research, design, and implement innovative approaches to solving problems worth solving in real-time content creation, as complete solutions, to ensure that Unity graphics leads the industry and help set new bars for what can be achieved with real-time rendering
- Develop and maintain high-quality rendering systems for cross-platform state-of-the-art performant high-quality scalable rendering
- Closely collaborate with our other developers, technical artists and product designers to create end-to-end architectures and systems
- Combine novel techniques with maximum efficiency by learning the specific operation of our hardware platform targets
- Invent, extend, and maintain features, workflows, and tools
- Passionate rendering enthusiasts (who are good humans!) and care to work in a collaborative, supportive, and thriving team
- Extensive knowledge of real-time graphics and modern computer APIs and hardware architectures. You know how to get the most out of GPUs and CPUs.
- Proven experience with modern engine systems, rendering architectures and real-world productions
- Solid programming skills (C#/C++/Shading Languages)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience of working on large multi-platform engines
- First-hand experience with content creation pipelines for graphics content and working with artists on real-world productions
- Successfully shipped AAA games on mobile or consoles | PCs
- In-depth knowledge of photorealistic rendering techniques (Physically-Based Rendering, Real-Time Ray Tracing, Global Illumination, Computational Geometry, MIS, and more)
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Graphics Architect position on WeChat