Develop the tools for creators to build incredible things
Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modellers and developers to create rich and interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is created and experienced.
At Unity, we believe that the world is better with more creators in it. One way we’re supporting this effort is by providing a suite of services that help developers and publishers of games to engage with their player base in greater detail. Using our innovative analytical tools to understand player behaviour, our clients can create engaging campaigns to interact with their players, offering incentives and perks to keep them coming back. These tools help to create a better experience for gamers, in turn helping drive commercial success for studios and publishers.
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our Player Engagement & Analytics team. You will join the team that works on the core deltaDNA platform, improving the campaign experience and backend platform for our customers, with an opportunity to help shape the future of the platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with your team to deeply understand the needs of our users and clients and then plan, design, and build features that best serve those needs, using lean and agile methodologies
- Write high-quality and scalable code that supports the existing and future functionality of the products
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by developing features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges that come with building distributed, highly available, and scalable, cloud based systems
- Solid understanding of Java, C#, Kotlin or similar
- Experience with unit testing and end-to-end test frameworks
- Comfortable operating with a high level of autonomy and accountability
You might also have
- Experience with modern CI/CD and infrastructure as code concepts
- Experience with GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and microservices
- Experience working with an analytics focussed database (Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Fullstack Software Engineer, Unity Gaming Services - DeltaDNA position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.