Unity’s new External Productions division looks forward to welcoming you aboard as one of our inaugural Executive Producers. We’re partnering with global leaders in game development to deliver “lighthouse” games that prove and improve Unity’s fitness for purpose across all major game genres.
You’re an inspirational leader who guides our project teams through the delivery of technology and tools for game development while working directly with one of our world-class customers to build tomorrow’s top games. You nurture success through communication, organization, process, and passion. Partnering with the Manager of Strategic Technology, you align our development teams, project managers, R&D, and our customer’s leadership team.
This role will require occasional travel to Unity R&D and customer offices, scheduled on an as-needed basis based on your discretion.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be responsible for a cross-functional team executing a strategic customer project.
- Coordinating all of Unity’s efforts to ensure the successful completion of the customer’s project at outstanding levels of quality.
- Owning processes, schedules, and action plans that guide the project & customer teams towards success.
- Weaving the complex, multi-faceted process of game development into a coherent narrative to encourage your team and advise executive leaders.
- Advising and assisting organizational leaders with formulating product strategy, capturing customer intelligence, and understanding the needs of your team.
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a senior production leader on two or more video game projects with total team sizes of 20 individuals or more.
- Able to write clear, concise documents and give verbal presentations in English.
- Can build reports illustrating P/L, team utilization, project timeline, and risks.
- Understand the diverse roles and production stages involved in the creation and delivery of video games, and how they impact schedules, requirements, and problem-solving strategies.
You might also have
- Been a programmer, technical artist, designer, or artist on a game.
- Worked on a “AAA” or similarly high-production-quality title for PCs/consoles.
- Given talks or seminars in a public venue or conference
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Executive Producer, Games External Productions position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.