The Demo team is responsible for creating Unity’s most stunning visuals. The creators of The Heretic, Book of the Dead and Adam are part of a small team of senior game developers, working under creative autonomy within Unity. In strong collaboration with the R&D department, the team uses the latest in technology development, pushing the envelope on what the Unity engine is capable of. We are empowered by strong creative leadership and like to take on a variety of artistic and technical challenges to which we fully commit until delivered with excellence. The Demo Team is looking for an experienced lead environment artist who is motivated by delivering art for next-generation / AAA worlds. If you are ready to move into an indie-size work environment and get involved in more passion-driven productions, you will be excited by this job. You can work independently, prioritize your tasks, and deliver on time. At the same time, you are capable of managing and guiding other artists towards achieving great results within a given time frame. Ideally, you have some background in technical art.
Please show us your work via a portfolio, reel or similar media.
- Own the creation of environments and assets of the highest standard for Unity produced Demo’s
- Design and implement the environment art production pipelines
- Lead the external artists contributing to our projects
- Work together with other team members of the demo team, external artists and our R&D teams at Unity to deliver: world-building, lighting, artist tooling, QA
- You can create a high-quality game environment from A to Z, including asset creation, modularization, and architecture, world building, spatial layout, flow and lighting
- You are comfortable with early adoption of new tools, workflows, and techniques that can allow you to achieve better results
- You can follow creative direction and contribute creatively within your area
- You can identify potential dependency issues across teams and can offer solutions
- You have strong communication skills and are able to work efficiently within a remote setup
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Environment Artist position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!