Unity is looking for an experienced, top-notch legal counsel to join our legal team’s Commercial Group, supporting Unity’s growing roster of cloud services as well as strategic sales to enterprise customers. This position is based out of Unity’s headquarters in San Francisco and will work closely with other team members across the globe.
This is a unique opportunity to work with and have a direct impact on the development and commercialization of new products and services. If you are a can-do and collaborative teammate with a passion for creative problem-solving, this is a great fit for you!
- Serve as a primary legal partner to Unity’s VP and GM of Cloud Services and GM of Industrial Markets to support these key business segments into the next stage of growth.
- Learn and advise on new technologies, new business models, and new strategic initiatives for cloud and industrial business.
- Identify and drive resolution of issues related to intellectual property, privacy, data security, competition and other legal and regulatory areas in support of our cloud and industrial offerings.
- Negotiate and draft a variety of technology, cloud services and software transactions, from product development through launch through ongoing commercialization, including building legal strategies and agreements to target enterprise customers.
- Help design and implement scalable legal and compliance strategies to address the legal needs of enterprise sales and cloud products, services and platforms.
- Manage a diverse and challenging workload with competing priorities and stakeholders.
- Experience in negotiating and drafting complex tech deals, including cloud services and/or enterprise-level SaaS software agreements, technology licenses and professional services agreements; experience with automotive, AEC or SaaS-based business models a plus.
- Creative, effective, problem solver and have experience creating operational efficiencies for a scaling business.
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and are comfortable, effective and persuasive in dealing with customers, partners, teammates, senior management and key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Member in good standing with the California State Bar or are registered in-house counsel in California.
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Enterprise/Cloud Counsel position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!