At Unity, we believe that the world is better with more creators in it. One way we’re supporting this effort is by providing a suite of Game Backend Services, allowing game studios of any size to easily add Leaderboards, Cloud Save, Multiplayer and much more to their games in just a few lines of code. We want developers to spend their time and energy creating phenomenal games, rather than reinventing the wheel.
We are looking for an Engineering Team Lead to join one of our Game Backend Services teams. You will be leading the team that works on services including Cloud Save, Cloud Code and Leaderboards with an opportunity to influence key projects and help shape the future of the platform. If you are an inclusive leader, enjoy enabling the best from others, and adapt your approach from experiences of good and bad situations, we have a job opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and grow your colleagues, and work deeply with them to achieve their potential
- Drive day to day execution and delivery of tasks and leading the project team with Lean and Agile methodologies, motivating your team by explaining how their work relates to the wider business context
- Directly contribute to the architecture and on-going development of the Game Backend Services
- Contribute directly to the code base and participate in hands-on software development
- Continuously improve your people management, engineering knowledge, leadership and collaboration skills, using all the Learning and Development courses and support we provide
What we’re looking for
- Proven understanding of Go, Python, PHP, Java, C# or similar
- Comfortable operating with a high level of autonomy and accountability
- Experience of working in high-availability, high-load operational environments
- Previous job experience as a software engineering manager or development lead and serving as line manager for small to medium sized teams
You might also have
- Experience with Ansible/Chef/Puppet or similar
- Experience working with AWS, specifically Redshift, DynamoDB and ECS
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Engineering Team Lead, Game Backend position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.