Role descriptionThe opportunity
In Helsinki, you will work on the Unity Monetization platform, building high-throughput distributed systems on an outstanding scale. You will be doing what Google does on the web – only in games! What’s more, your work will have a positive impact, helping game developers get paid for their work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-scale environment. We use Golang, NodeJS, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Big Table, NATS, Redis, MongoDB, Kubernetes and much more! Stability, quality, and robustness of code is in the heart of Unity, as our advertising network reaches millions of gamers daily. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future.
Quality of service is paramount to our team as we are responsible for making sure that code is robustly tested to encourage incremental releases daily. Our model of continuous, multiple deployments on a daily basis, lets us move fast with small iterations validated by data.
Today we are looking for a lead to head up our outstanding team as we are rapidly growing! As a team lead you will have a critical role by running and growing an experienced software development team to build, ship, and operate on services with high availability and quality requirements. This is an excellent chance to create impact on an area where system scalability, high quality and performance are must.What you’ll be doing
- Enable the team to develop and ship high quality solutions while presenting progress transparently.
- Collaborating with the team, product manager and other team leaders on the area.
- Help people to grow their talent to build software solutions with scale.
- Enable team members to innovate and create new solutions.
- Identify novel business opportunities and products.
- Consistent track record in managing a team and being accountable for outcomes
- Experience in fostering innovation and follow-through implementation for architecture.
- Understanding and experience in software development with a wide variety of technologies.
- Excellent people management and communication skills to influence people across the organization.
- Experience in working with Data Science and Machine Learning teams.
- Experience in game advertising or monetization
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Engineering Team Lead, Direct Demand Targeting position on WeChat