Join us in leading the next generation of big data machine learning and data engineering. Our team is crafting the platform services and technology to allow data scientists and machine learning engineers to build cutting edge models and use data to drive our business. We process billions of events an hour and terabytes of data.
This role will be leading a team of passionate engineers on crafting platform services powering future business growth. You will have the opportunity to own the full technology stack, people management, and project management for the team working closely with partners all across the globe.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead team in delivery of projects and features within the Machine Learning space
- Lead a group of engineers assigned to the project and own the growth and development of the team
- Driving day to day execution and leading the project team with Agile methodologies
- Push team to raise the bar for quality and balancing that vs velocity and delivery of project
- Collaborate with Product Managers and senior engineering leadership to conceptualize, prioritize, and develop new products within Monetization
- Unblocking obstacles for and empowering engineers on the team to do their best work
What we’re looking for
- Ability to be a team mentor, lead by example, and build trust and positive relationships
- Experience as an Engineering Team Lead overseeing small to medium sized teams working on Data Engineering or Machine Learning products
- Deep understanding of Data Engineering, Big Data, Service Development, or Data Science
- Professional software engineering experience in Go, Java, C++, C#, Python or similar languages
- Strong collaboration and communication in English
You might also have
- Customer-centric and empathetic approach to support and strong desire to make customers successful
- Experience with building performant, robust, large scale distributed systems
- Experience with different service frameworks
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and their managed services
- Experience with Unity Engine, 3D simulators, game development and graphics
- Excellent communication with the ability to build relationships across the company
Life at Unity
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Engineering Team Lead, Data position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.