Unity’s Accelerate Solutions team is growing and we are looking for a talented Engineering Manager. Our professional services team works across multiple platforms and industries, incorporating cutting edge technologies like XR, ML, robotics and IoT. We use the Unity engine to build custom software solutions in a wide range of technically diverse fields, including architecture, automotive, retail, entertainment and games!
Your day-to-day work will apply your technical and personal skills to lead teams to deliver high quality products for clients. As an engineering manager, you’ll play a crucial role in engaging clients, staffing teams, scoping projects and managing employees careers. You’ll coordinate each phase of a project, from concept and proposal, to planning and implementation, through to client delivery. You’ll work with project leads to ensure projects are running smoothly and that clients are delighted. You’re an experienced technical manager that helps guide others, and maintains a passion to learn and grow. You have the confidence and skills to champion and drive outstanding interactive experiences and ensure our teams maintain a consistent level of quality.
Our cross-disciplinary teams consist of world class application & cloud developers, technical artists, 3d artists, UX & UI designers. Our goal is to inspire customers and transform industries. We are committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you'll be doing
- Manage a project’s lifecycle from the initial client engagement, through the proposal, implementation and delivery phases.
- Manage employees, ensuring they are happy, engaged and delivering at the best of their abilities.
- Scope and staff projects for engineering success.
- Provide technical oversight and have the ability to lead a project directly.
- Work directly with clients, developers, designers, artists, and management both locally and remotely.
What we're looking for
- Proven ability to deliver products from concept to submission with Unity and C# in one or more of the following areas; games, AR/VR, mobile apps or desktop applications.
- Experience managing and inspiring employees to deliver best-in-class software solutions.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Good communicator with the ability to interface directly with clients.
- Desire to build and foster talent within your software development team
You might also have
- Experience with commercial/industrial data (CAD, BIM, GIS, LIDAR, point clouds, etc.)
- Production experience with developing headset AR/VR applications, or experience with ARFoundation, ARKit or ARCore.
- Game console development (Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetise interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Engineering Manager position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.