We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Unity Dashboard team building Unity’s next generation services platform which will support a wide range of Unity products within the Unity Dashboard.
As a leader of this team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining platform features used by product teams to build next-generation web experiences. Stability, quality, and robustness of our solutions are crucial, as teams across Unity rely upon our services and tools to create their best products.
You are well versed in building performant web applications with focus on responsiveness, great user experience, code quality and consistency. You will have the opportunity to develop your existing skills and work with continuous integration and delivery methodology.
You have proven experience building tools and web applications across teams and organizations. Engagement and effective collaboration with other leaders throughout Unity’s many product teams will be critical.
You understand the importance of a healthy company-wide engineering culture which invites participation, promotes mentorship, and works alongside product managers and designers to ensure Unity is building the best products possible for customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Promote psychological safety within the team, inclusion and a positive culture of collaboration, always looking for incremental improvements in a fast paced environment
- Drive day to day execution and delivery of tasks by using Lean and Agile methodologies, and motivating your team by explaining how their work relates to the wider business context
- Build and drive a culture of innovation, collaboration and accountability
- Recruiting and supporting the growth of developers on the team through individual mentorship
- Encourage sharing of lessons learned, best practices and innovations on procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and deliver success
What we're looking for
- Previous job experience as a software engineering manager or development lead and serving as line manager for small to medium sized teams
- Experienced with software engineering best practices and bringing a disciplined approach to testing and driving reductions in technical debt
- Customer focused, with ability to offer input on high level solutions to customer problems that helps drive product roadmap
- Comfortable operating with a high level of autonomy and accountability
- Desire to work in a team, learn from others, and help others to learn
You might also have
- Previous experience in UI/UX design and building user interfaces with accessibility in mind
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Engineering Manager, Unity Dashboards position on WeChat