Data on a massive scale is at the heart of Unity. It is data that allows our developers to critique and improve their games as well as monetise all their hard work and create amazing games!
Our Data Platform Team empowers internal and external customers through data - data about the games and the hundreds of millions of people who play them. Our team seeks to provide a groundbreaking, highly scalable data collection and processing system, track relevant metadata and statistics, and provide multiple consumption models tailored to customer use cases.
As the Engineering Manager, Data Operations, you will function as both a people manager and technical-thought leader to guide the building of tools and framework for data processing and data production.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the automation of deployment, monitoring, and observability of data pipelines
- Enabling software development practices like version control and CI/CD and defining & adhering to coding standards and peer review processes
- Collaborate and work closely with our internal and external stakeholders to ensure exceptional delivery while maintaining top-notch operations within stringent SLAs and 24/7 on-call support.
- Evaluation and Implementation of tools and processes to improve data engineering efficiency
- Lead and be the technical thought leader of the team that drives and owns quality data solutions and creates and manages services and tools that have a global impact with high level of data integrity
What we’re looking for
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with experience leading and managing a technical team of data engineers and software engineers.
- Proven “hands-on” software engineering experience in Python, SQL, or similar languages with an emphasis on data structures, data pipelines, and high-performance
- Technical expertise with open source data technologies such as Spark, Beam, Big Query, Kafka, Airflow, Druid, Kubernetes.
- Expertise with at least one or more multiple public cloud platforms - AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Leadership, collaboration and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners
You might also have
- Understanding of sophisticated data reporting and/or real-time data streaming and batch processing, dimensional data modeling and algorithms
- Deep, multifaceted understanding of how complex stream processing systems are designed and operated
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Engineering Manager, Operations @ Data position on WeChat