Data on a massive scale is at the “heart” of Unity. It is data that allows our developers to critique and improve their games. It is data that allows our developers to monetize all their hard work and create amazing games.
Our Data Platform Team empowers internal and external customers through data - data about the games and the hundreds of millions of people who play them. Our team aims to provide a cutting edge, highly scalable data collection and processing system, track relevant metadata and statistics, and provide multiple consumption models tailored to customer use cases.
We work closely with machine learning experts, product managers, data engineers, data scientists and analysts to extract as much value as possible from our data. You will be working on some of the most challenging, complex, and bold problems with a world-class team that is dedicated to providing our customers with the data and analytical solutions they need to succeed.
As the Engineer Manager Data Platform, you will function as both a people manager and technical-thought captain to guide the building of tools and a framework for data processing and data production.
- Lead the design, implementation, testing and maintenance of Unity’s Data Platform and associated services that are capable of handling real-time and batch processing for petabytes of data over events on the order of billions daily
- Collaborate and work closely with our internal and external stakeholders to ensure exceptional delivery while maintaining top-notch operations within stringent SLAs
- Manage and be the technical leader of the team that drives and owns quality services and creates and manages tools that have a global impact with high level of data integrity
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with experience leading a technical team
- Proven “hands-on” software engineering experience in Java, Scala, or similar languages with an emphasis on data structures, data pipelines, and high-performance
- Technical expert with open source data technologies such as Spark, Beam, Kafka, Druid, Kubernetes and, Kubeflow
- Expertise with at least one or more multiple public cloud platforms - AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Leadership, collaboration and communication skills with the ability to partner effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of advanced data reporting and/or machine learning data modeling and algorithms
- Deep, multi-faceted understanding of how complex stream processing systems are designed and operated
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Engineering Manager, Data Platform position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!