Unity is looking for an exceptional technical editor, documentation lead or quality manager to join us on our mission to deliver great documentation to our users.
We’re looking for a leader with technical aptitude who can quickly form good working relationships across Unity and work collaboratively to produce great documentation that empowers users to get the most from Unity products.
When you join us, you’ll lead the Docs Quality team, which focuses on maintaining and improving the quality of the Unity documentation. You will help your team provide editorial support for writers and developers, overhaul legacy content and define the documentation quality standards, templates and guidelines that our documentation should adhere to. We’d also like you to embed a culture of excellence and quality within the documentation team and across Unity.
You’ll join a diverse group of technical writers, editors, content managers and developers working across countries and timezones to support Unity’s passionate community of creators.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a team of technical editors, and contribute as a senior technical editor.
- Prioritise work, balance workloads across the team, and identify resource and tooling requirements based on user needs.
- Help recruit, empower and mentor technical editors to be autonomous and self-driven.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders across the company to develop the quality standards and guidelines for documentation.
- Understand user needs and ensure that they are reflected in the overall documentation vision and strategy.
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading a team of technical writers, editors or QA engineers.
- Structured and autonomous approach to working, with experience delivering results within tight deadlines.
- Determination to deliver highest quality products to users.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable standard of written and spoken English.
You might also have
- Experience producing documentation using Markdown, Flare, XML, or XMLDoc.
- Solid understanding of source control tools (github, Mercurial) and techniques.
- Experience using issue trackers such as JIRA to track project tasks.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Documentation Lead, Quality position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.