Unity's XR team is responsible for the device support, tools and frameworks that power a majority of AR & VR today. Our work spans the gamut: from innovative tools both in and out of XR, to open standards and abstraction layers, and of course, Unity's bread and butter: Day 1 partner device support.
As the Director of XR Platform Integration, you will be directly responsible for that crucial device support, making sure our tech allows our community to build outstanding experiences on new and existing devices. This means your team is responsible for powering novel inputs like hand, eye, and gesture; wearables and passthrough, and everything else that touches the XR space.
This role is also critically responsible for maintaining great relationships with our partners and working with business development on potential partnerships and revenue. While this role is not technical day to day, deep understanding of the tech and Unity is required.
What you’ll be doing
- Meeting with XR leadership across the industry to maintain partnerships, plan device and tech support, and coordinating standards
- Responsible for a team of engineers who work on device and technology implementation
- Help define standards across XR-related boards, including W3C, OpenXR, Khronos, and more
- Work hand-in-hand with the other engineering leads in XR and across Unity to ensure feature quality across devices & tech
- Foster a positive, enjoyable, respectful culture within the platforms integration team that makes working with our partners a satisfying and mutual beneficial journey
What we’re looking for
- Deep understanding of the XR landscape and device & tech capabilities
- Holistic view of how augmented and virtual reality will grow over the next decade
- Background in XR development
- Great communication skills, both for partner relationships and leading your own team
- Ability to understand the landscape and make decisions about what Unity should be investing in to maintain our position in XR
- As the world re-opens, some ability to travel for Unity and external partner events
You might also have
- Experience in developer relations, partnerships, or external-facing roles
- Background in emerging hardware
- Experience in leading highly technical people managers
- Consistent track record of working cross-functionally across different levels to drive alignment and outcome
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Director, XR, Platform Integration position on WeChat