Role descriptionThe opportunity
The Weta content RT3D rendering innovation group is focused on refining and inventing new technologies to drive the edge of what’s possible in Unity and in the industry at large for complex scene rendering in real-time. With an eye toward the future, we relentlessly pursue solutions for novel techniques seeking to improve the content creators’ experience for real-time 3D.
To achieve this mission, we are looking for an experienced engineering leader. This role will define the team’s vision and goals, and drive execution to quality product solutions and successful adoption of technology. As part of our group, we research and define novel technologies, assisting Unity’s product developers in realizing their goals of solving ground breaking challenges for graphics. We strive to develop innovations that solve real problems for our users, rather than novelty for its own sake. You will join forces with the product teams to help define a successful landing path for the innovations you lead to ensure they have real impact on the lives of millions of Unity creators. You get to craft how Unity creators are going to achieve outstanding visuals through powerful 3D worlds! You will be a crucial part of shaping an impactful technology team to deliver on that goal.What you'll be doing
- Advocate and act as a leader with vision for the real-time advanced rendering technology, content creation pipelines and workflows within Unity
- Build and evolve the team; identify resourcing needs, provide growth and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential
- Connect with project team and coordinate requirements with external partner teams in the product groups
- Closely partner with senior graphics leadership and collaborate regularly to help craft the strategy for Weta content rendering technology for Unity, including Unity Editor and Engine products
Execution and Project Management:
- Establish a near-term operating plan for the domain area for all relevant teams, work closely with product management and the production staff to convert that to an execution plan validated against customers needs and priorities
- Partner with production to lead scope and quality; continuously assess and mitigate risk for assigned scope, keep the collaborators advised through the duration of the project
- Define a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
- Established senior technical leadership experience
- Ability to display broad knowledge of graphics technology, ideally with a deep understanding of the content creation pipeline for VFX and real-time rendering, and artist authoring workflows for film and games.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and help establish the product vision and needs for a sizable area of ownership
- Experience developing content pipelines for games and understand artist needs for scene creation
- An extensive experience of working on large multi-platform engines
- Experience with VFX films pipeline for proven high-end film productions
- Experience on developing AAA titles on multiple platforms, with mobile or high-end experience an extra plus
- Experience on working on a AAA game engine
- You have successfully shipped a visually ambitious game title (extra points for a large open world AAA, or excellence in dense scenes and complex character experiences)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Director, Weta Content RT3D Rendering Innovation, RT3D Artistry position on WeChat