Unity’s Create organization is seeking a Director of Engineering to lead and grow one of our DOTS Hybrid Integration teams.
We are looking for someone that loves to solve and tackle sophisticated technical challenges in the physics space, who will create and lead strategy to establish how key engine simulation features will move forward in the future.
You will establish a unified view of strategy for responsible features across engineering solutions with a product focus. You will also grow physics to include more real-world approximations where high value, and content tools and debug tools that would be high value for creators. The short-term expectations for the role will include collaborating with our product group on planning, taking physics runtime and various tools to runtime apps, bridging existing unity solutions, as well as building the team and delegating tasks.
What you’ll be doing
- Physics protocol and implementation strategy, and product application opportunities are still a wide scope and a present gap that needs more day-to-day attention.
- Accountable for creating strategy options and validating strategies related to physics and real world simulations, in addition to other identified features.
- Accountable for users in Unity-tool environment, as well as new users in standalone environments or environments integrated with other solutions.
What we’re looking for
- Someone with a strong technical background and experience either with a physics engine or several years in AAA gaming
- Prior success building out small teams of 4 to 20 and also shipping product
- Experience with C# and Unity or other game relevant game engines
- Someone that has managed a team with a big scope of impact
- Management and leadership experience: working cross-functionally, motivating teams, hiring, and strategic planning
You may also have
- Other high performance real time domain experience.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Director of Engineering, DOTS position on WeChat