Role descriptionThe opportunity
Unity’s Ultra Simple Creation (Ultra) team is building out new creative tools that will inspire and enable entirely new markets of makers. Your role will be to creatively explore many design aspects of the product: prototyping how we can start to merge tools and content, leading the way with best in class example content, and exploring the brand identity and tone.
This team and product are extensions of Unity’s belief that the world is better with more creators in it. Specifically, Ultra is highly targeted at the massive number of everyday, common creative tasks that ordinary people have to do. We make it easier than ever to make beautiful, high quality creations.
This role is especially pivotal as a ‘startup co-founder’. You will work alongside product & engineering, and specifically contribute to the feel, look, and design of the products, as well as curating artistic content. You will also be a key stakeholder lending design expertise to the overall vision, strategy, and product priorities.
This is a rare opportunity to join a 0-1 product team inside a well-established, successful company, helping to expand Unity’s tool suite to an entirely new class of users.What you’ll be doing
- Leading a small team of designers to push the limits on what’s possible in the browser for creative tools
- Creatively exploring how we can push the bounds on a wide range of sub-disciplines in the creation space: product design, UX, brand design & illustration, 3D design, animation, and video
- Coming up with novel, cutting edge ways of combining templates and tools to unlock even the most unskilled creators
- A highly skilled designer with great design sensibilities, both for digital products, and design disciplines like 3D/mograph, typography, and classic graphic design
- Background in web and mobile design, specifically consumer apps
- Ability to innovate and play with the concept of creation—we are looking for best, not parity
- Experience in 3D design, animation, video, interactive experiences or XR
- Brand and marketing experience
- Creative agency experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Director Design, Ultra position on WeChat