Role descriptionThe opportunity
Are you a senior leader who is passionate about customer success via good documentation? We have a rare and exciting opportunity to play a key role in the success of our customers and are looking for someone to drive the vision and strategic direction of documentation and content at Unity Technologies. This is a substantial role accountable for providing Unity customers an ultra-clear path to success with our tools and services, regardless of their starting point and experience!
What you’ll be doing
- Leading a team of technical writers, editors, and content producers and aligning them on a shared vision and mission
- Establishing an inspirational customer content strategy for Unity, and leading and aligning our teams towards success
- Collaborating with development and product teams to ensure improvement, quality and consistency of Unity content and documentation
- Implementing a data-driven approach to documentation and using metrics (where appropriate) for continuous improvement and assessment of our success
- Embracing user-facing community input streams (Twitter, Discord, Reddit, forums, etc.) as a source for improving content
What we’re looking for
- A passion for customer success using a wide variety of topics and approaches in customer-focused documentation, and content
- Ability to lead, encourage, coach, and mentor a large (60+) globally distributed organization
- Successful experience aligning multiple roles and cultures across a diverse set of feature areas and priorities
- Experience working with, and learning from user metrics in order to improve documentation quality
You might also have
- Experience as a software developer, game developer or technical artist
- Knowledge of documentation strategies for both desktop and web service platforms
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Director, Content and Documentation position on WeChat