Are you a skilled developer with a keen sense for streamlined deployment and network operations, or a versatile system administrator with a passion for coding and scripting? As an DevOps Engineer at Unity Technologies IT Engineering, you will work with new and emerging technologies while supporting our global teams.
This includes multi-location hosting, highly available solutions, containers, application management, operations, and automation. Your input and ideas will be transformed into the dynamic IT infrastructure at Unity. The infrastructure consists of a mixture of containers and VMs, in an ever-evolving multi-cloud environment. We use a combination of open-source as well as proprietary software to support our operations.
An efficient and scalable DevOps Engineer organisation is integral to enabling Unity’s engineering teams to create cutting edge software utilized by millions of developers around the world. In this role, you will join an elite team of DevOps superstars in Unity IT Engineering where the bar is set high to maintain and enhance our systems. You can expect to travel approximately once a quarter. If you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and enjoy new challenges supporting a global company, we are looking for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Creating and setting up new servers/services to support the expanding operations
- Maintain, secure and optimize our services, taking preemptive actions to resolve problems
- Addressing, isolating and repairing performance problems or other issues affecting the efficiency of the operations
- Build our Observability platform and onboard teams
- Rapid deployment using infrastructure-as-code (e.g Terraform, Chef, Ansible)
What we’re looking for
- Ability to obtain a secret level security clearance; active secret or higher clearance
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with at least one configuration management tool, Chef, Ansible etc
- Proficient in modern scripting or programming languages such as Python or Golang
- Basic knowledge of monitoring and logging systems (ELK, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Knowledge of version control systems (Perforce, Git)
You might also have
- Comfortable troubleshooting in Linux/Unix environments
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate challenges, and work well independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal English
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the DevOps Engineer position on WeChat