Unity Technologies provides a growing number of services to our customers as an end-to-end solution for game development and monetization. These services complement the core engine software used by developers.
As a Plastic SCM Support Specialist for Unity you’ll be the primary point of contact for developers utilizing the Plastic SCM services, responding to questions, solving problems and generally ensuring the highest quality of customer experience. Does this sound like you?
Plastic is a Distributed Version Control System (DVCS). You've probably heard of software like Git and Mercurial, the DVCS leaders in the open source world. Plastic is the most powerful commercial DVCS, more feature-rich than any other system and surrounded by great visual aids, GUIs, security, and other company-oriented capabilities. So, if you love solving problems, learning new technologies, and helping users, join us!
What you’ll be doing
- Be the first point of contact for technical inquiries from developers, using the Zendesk ticketing system to manage and prioritize issues
- Collaborate with our Product and Sales teams to build new features and bug fix.
- Participate in client meetings as a subject matter expert for technical product details
- Investigate, research, debug, and solve integration problems, interacting with customers and internal development engineers as needed to do so
- Resolve customer issues via email and video conferencing.
- Enhance, expand, and develop the documentation, resource materials
- Prepare and distribute weekly reports that detail the issues you are working on
What we’re looking for
- Unity and C# experience (.net, .net core, visual studio, rider)
- Version control experience (SVN, Perforce, Git, Plastic SCM)
- Customer-facing, Technical Support or QA experience (Zendesk)
- Experience in debugging and profiling
- Devops lifecycle experience. (Jira, TeamCity, Jenkins, Github)
You might also have
- Coaching or mentoring experience
- Version control administration experience
- Unix systems administration experience
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Developer Support Engineer position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.