As Unity’s product range expands beyond the Unity Engine and Editor, we increasingly need to be ready to help customers deploy Unity products into their workplaces. Complex situations (e.g. closed networks) often need dedicated setup assistance.
We are looking for a support engineer with experience in corporate IT settings, to help customers get up and running with the entire Unity product range, plus provide technical support for the products themselves.
As some of these products are new, you will help establish Unity in new industries, providing feedback from users to the development teams, and shaping the future direction. You will also be helping to bring real-time 3D to a wider audience.
You will need good problem solving skills, curiosity, teamwork and a desire to learn. Customer support is done via online tickets, video call/conference and occasionally onsite.
We welcome junior and senior levels of experience. This is a permanent position based in our Brighton office.
What you'll be doing
- Be the first point of contact for technical inquiries from customers, using the Zendesk ticketing system to manage and prioritize issues
- Investigate, research, debug, and solve integration problems, interacting with customers and internal development engineers as needed to do so
- Conduct calls with customers as needed to solve issues faster
- Collaborate with your colleagues to continually improve processes and ensure team success
- Maintain excellent relations between the Engine Support team and other departments within Unity
- Prepare and distribute weekly reports
- Contribute to the documentation and other resource materials
What we're looking for
- Experience and enjoyment of troubleshooting/problem-solving
- Experience of technical tasks such as setting up Windows and/or Linux, system administration, network configuration
- Passion and determination to solve customer problems
- Excellent written and spoken English communication and listening skills
- Able to manage your own time effectively, set priorities and work independently towards a goal
You might also have
- Customer-facing, technical support or QA experience
- Experience server deployment and configuring SSL certificates
- Windows and/or Linux system administration
- Interest in, or experience with developing games/apps with Unity
- Experience in debugging and profiling
- C# experience
- Knowledge of SCM software (e.g. Git, Mercurial, Perforce) and available external hosting platforms (e.g. Github, Bitbucket)
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Developer Support Engineer - Deployment position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.