We believe students are our future
Unity values students’ fresh perspectives, and we provide technical and nontechnical students the opportunity to make a real impact at work while learning, growing, and translating academic knowledge into work in the industry.
Unity is looking for a Data Warehouse Intern to join the People Analytics team. Our team is responsible for delivering reporting and insights within HR and other global business functions. The work our team produces frequently lands in the hands of Unity executives, board members, and partners across multiple functions. You will play a meaningful role in meeting the needs of these partners by supporting People Analytics initiatives that will have a lasting impact on the people function and globally at Unity. You will be a steward of our people data mission statement which is “to provide valuable partnership & expertise through accurate, data-driven insights.”
What you’ll be doing
- Be a key contributor to high-impact programs or projects that impact over 4,000 employees’ experience globally. Some examples of work will include management of our data warehouse, designing tables that support our people analytics initiatives.
- Build out our data warehouse model; focusing on table design best practices and how to apply them to our business needs
- Help us maintain data accuracy & security by proactively identifying errors, redundancies in datasets, and building scripts to automate data accuracy checks
- Collaborate with a globally distributed team and work closely with colleagues across regions and timezones
- Protect and maintain the confidentiality of our people data by exercising discretion at all times
What we’re looking for
- Current graduate student pursuing a degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Information Management, Computer Information Systems, Database Administration or other related field
- You have critical thinking skills and enjoy solving sophisticated problems
- Good communication skills, both in-person and online with the ability to work in a distributed team environment
- Experience in SQL and with modeling languages like R or Python
- Experience working with and/or solid grasp of APIs, ETLs, and maintaining databases and extracting and analyzing data using basic scripting languages
You might also have
- Experiencing maintaining a BigQuery database
- Experience handling highly sensitive, confidential data such as HR data
- Experience in a data visualization tool such as Looker or Tableau
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Data Warehouse Intern, People Analytics position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.